The Central Eurasian Studies Society (CESS) is delighted to announce the opening of submissions for the 2024 Book Awards. We invite authors and publishers to submit their works for this significant accolade in Central Eurasian studies. The award ceremony will be a highlight of our annual conference, scheduled for June 6-9, 2024, at Turan University in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Award Categories and History:
CESS confers two Book Awards annually, recognizing excellence in the fields of:
- Social Sciences
- History & Humanities
Initiated in 2007, these awards have evolved to celebrate outstanding contributions in both categories. The 2024 awards will include books published in 2022 and 2023. The tradition of books awards highlights our commitment to acknowledging academic excellence and fostering scholarly contributions in Central Eurasian studies.
The CESS Book Awards, accompanied by two monetary prizes of $500 each, are presented to authors whose books are deemed to have made the most significant contributions to the field of Central Eurasian studies during the award period. Selection is undertaken by two interdisciplinary subcommittees, annually chosen by the CESS Board. These committees evaluate submissions on scholarly merit.
Submission Rules and Procedures:
- Eligibility: Scholarly monographs based on original research, published in English in 2022 or 2023.
- One-Time Submission: Books may be submitted in only one category for a single competition; each book is eligible for consideration only once, though books submitted in the last year published in 2022 will be automatically reconsidered.
- Translations: Scholarly monographs translated into English are eligible.
- Exclusions: Edited volumes, new editions of previously published books, bibliographies, dictionaries, and textbooks are not eligible.
- Nominators: Nominations can be made by the publisher, author, or a CESS member.
How to Submit:
Submit your nomination here (include a link to the book, an electronic version, or information on how to send bound copies):
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure submissions are made by March 31, 2024. We strongly prefer e-book submissions.
We eagerly anticipate your submissions and look forward to celebrating the outstanding contributions to Central Eurasian studies at our 2024 conference. For questions, please contact committee chair Jeff Sahadeo (email@example.com)